Adding a bathroom in garage

Users who are viewing this thread

ice510

Reaction score
Hello to all
I am new here:) I am Alex from Hayward ca94341.
As the title says I am going to add a bathroom in the garage. I have found the sewer line. And traced it to the garage. The problem is it runs under the slab foundation of the garage.
Any easy way of getting to the pipe?

Attachments

• DSCN2425.JPG
    DSCN2425.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN2424.JPG
    DSCN2424.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCN2423.JPG
    DSCN2423.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN2422.JPG
    DSCN2422.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 298
  • DSCN2421.JPG
    DSCN2421.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 151

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally if I want to add plumbing where there is a slab, I hire a contractor with a wet saw and have them cut where I'm adding the plumbing. You can cut the cast with a metal cutting Diablo blade and using some shield couplings cut in a wye or two. You will need to vent either through the roof, or figure on using an AAV, Air admittance valve.

ice510

Reaction score
well... After a $375.00 quote and that is with them NOT taking the broken cement with them. That is just to cut the hole, no digging or connecting -I have decided to cut the concrete myself.
How big of a hole do I need to make?
After watching youtube I need to buy a diamond blade.
Any specific pictures I need to post to help the process?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks