Adding a bar sink on opposite side of bathroom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ryan Miehm

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wondering if this plan is up to code in Ontario. Existing is a 2” wet vent for the toilet with and 1 1/2” basin tying into it, with an 1 1/2” continuous vent. Am I able to tie a new line for a bar sink into the 2” wet vent as drawn? Or do I need to cut in a vent on the bar sink drain? Or would it be vented by the 1 1/2” vent that’s there for the basin? Any advice in much appreciated. Please see attached picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 181

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
What is the distance to the to the vent. Is it more than 6 ft from the trap? If it is you need a additional vent.

Last edited:

Ryan Miehm

In the Trades
Reaction score
What is the distance to the to the vent is 6 ft from the trap. Is the waste connection more than 6'? If it is you need a additional vent.
Yes it’s a bit more than 6ft, do you know if that code applies here in Ontario Canada as well?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks