Add to softener system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meij

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a well in an area with notoriously hard water and methane problem. We have a NovoClear 465 chem-free filter, as well as a rainfresh whole home filter and a rainfresh UV system. It’s just not cutting it, there’s scale on the fixtures and slime in the toilet tanks. I was hoping to add a salt tank to the system to improve its function, but my knowledge of the system is pretty limited.

The best data I have on my water is from a university study of well water in the area (as I said, notoriously bad water!). They took upstream (before the system) and downstream (after the system) samples and analyzed some of the mineral content. They did not analyze for iron, but it is a problem in the water as well.

Any recommendations?

Attachments

• 2295B1C9-4969-4DCB-AA92-6FC288B61A75.jpeg
    2295B1C9-4969-4DCB-AA92-6FC288B61A75.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 948ED2E0-AB2E-4869-841A-AE3EA0DE9E46.jpeg
    948ED2E0-AB2E-4869-841A-AE3EA0DE9E46.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 65

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a well in an area with notoriously hard water and methane problem. We have a NovoClear 465 chem-free filter, as well as a rainfresh whole home filter and a rainfresh UV system. It’s just not cutting it, there’s scale on the fixtures and slime in the toilet tanks. I was hoping to add a salt tank to the system to improve its function, but my knowledge of the system is pretty limited.

The best data I have on my water is from a university study of well water in the area (as I said, notoriously bad water!). They took upstream (before the system) and downstream (after the system) samples and analyzed some of the mineral content. They did not analyze for iron, but it is a problem in the water as well.

Any recommendations?
Not much of a test, you really need to get a proper and full test done. NTLWATERTEST I recommend the well standard...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks