Add C wire to Argo AR821-T

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by Frederick, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Frederick

Frederick New Member

I searched for this topic, and while a few similar questions came up, none of the responses appear to work for me. I have a 30-year old Peerless boiler with 3 zones. In order to add a Ecobee thermostats, I have to add a common wire to all zones.
    The thermostat relay (an Argo AR821-T) has a 24V transformer, and measuring between T and P (red wire and the closest P terminal) I get ~30V. When I hook up a wire and feed it to the C terminal on my thermostat however, nothing happens. I tried attaching it to the other P terminal as well, which makes no difference. What am I missing?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Stuff

Stuff Well-Known Member

You likely need to swap the red and white wires.
    For that unit R is on the left, W is next to it, then another R, then C on the far right.

Frederick likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Frederick likes this.
  4. Frederick

Frederick New Member

That was dead on Stuff! Thank you so much, everything works now!