Add a bar sink Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'Canadian Plumbing Code Questions' started by 1313, May 20, 2019.

1. 1313

1313 New Member

Is it possible to legally add a drain to this existing configuration 3" stack for basement bar sink, I was thinking of cutting into the line going to kitchen sink bring it down to join into 3" near ground level, and adding a tee from new pipe out to new sink

upload_2019-5-20_21-55-58.png

2. Sylvan

Sylvan Still learning

plumbing- - fire suppression
    How you you plan on venting the new fixture?

Also if under the slab there is a short radius fitting you can have waste flowing back to the new sink connection

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. 1313

1313 New Member

That is why I thought to cut into kitchen drain, so it would act as a wet vent, it has to have it's own vent as I have seen inside the wall in the laundry before and know there is no ABS going horizontal to kitchen. That being the case it only has 2 FUs and therefore the 1 1/2 pipe can be used as a wet vent if I understand the code correctly. How to cut into is what I am am most troubled by. Horizontal pipe to kitchen is right under joists no space to cut into pipe in that vertical section