Adaptor problem with toilet 3/8 Compression & 7/8 Ballcock

Users who are viewing this thread

Donnieee

Reaction score
Hello
I have 3/8" Female compression & 7/8" ballcock (http://www.homedepot.com/p/3-8-in-C...-Polymer-Toilet-Connector-B1-12DL-F/100094502) for my toilet that delivers and stores water for flushing.
I have a T-tube (for my Bidet) that I am trying to connect to the toilet.

However, my T-tube part that should connect to the toilet connector is 1/2" Male. So I bought a [1/2" Female to 3/8" Male adaptor] (something that looks like https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/440043-131280). The 1/2" Female part of the adaptor connects well to the 1/2" Male of the T-tube, but 3/8" Male portion does not fit to the Female 3/8" compression portion of the toilet connector.

I bought two different ones thinking that one I bought in my first attempt was defective, but same thing happened with the second one. The 3/8" Male part of the adaptor seems to be too big for the Female part of the toilet connector.

I am attaching an image to illustrate better. I will really appreciate help. I have been trying to figure this out for more than two months now! Thank you!
0310170602-1.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Usually you would get a valve with 1/2 FIP on the wall side and compression on the output.
754e9df4-341d-4c38-b91f-21d53b5501c5_145.jpg

You would not use the nut or ferrule, but your hose would connect to that thread that the nut screws onto. I don't know offhand what that thread is, but it is not NPT. I am not a plumber.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I would have to see what your bidet fitting looks like, because they seldom come with a male connection at the water inlet side, and not often are they 1/2" because they know what the average installation will require. At least some of your connections will NOT be a "pipe size" so you will need some special adapters.

Donnieee

Reaction score
Thank you all. I am attaching the image of my T-tube and adaptors.
My [3/8 compression 7/8 ballcock] toilet connector looks exactly like the product on this Home Depot link http://www.homedepot.com/p/3-8-in-C...-Polymer-Toilet-Connector-B1-12DL-F/100094502. The thicker portion (I assume that is 7/8 ballcock) connects to the water tank of the toilet. The thinner portion connects to the water source of the bathroom wall (that is controlled by a valve).

I don't know why 3/8 Male portion of my adaptor on the top of the photo does not fit 3/8 Female compression of the toilet connector (The Male portion of my adaptor is too big for the Female portion of the toilet connection.

https://ibb.co/b7Ew6F <- click to see the photo in high definition
IMG_7566.JPG

Last edited:

Donnieee

Reaction score
I would have to see what your bidet fitting looks like, because they seldom come with a male connection at the water inlet side, and not often are they 1/2" because they know what the average installation will require. At least some of your connections will NOT be a "pipe size" so you will need some special adapters.
I attached a photo of my T tube on my comment below

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know why 3/8 Male portion of my adaptor on the top of the photo does not fit 3/8 Female compression of the toilet connector (The Male portion of my adaptor is too big for the Female portion of the toilet connection.
The Fastenal adapter has a male 3/8 NPT thread. The HD supply line does not have a female NPT thread.

Reach4

Reaction score
What do I need to do to make everything work?
Let's start with a portion. The yellow C is a 1/2 inch NPT thread. You want something that lets you connect your toilet supply hose instead of the A-B Fastenal adapter which did not work out. You could find an adapter probably, but you could also uses a valve as I pictured above. It can have the 1/2 FIP thread that can connect to C, and it can connect to the smaller end of the toilet supply hose. The one I pictured is angled, but they also come in straight, such as this one: http://www.homedepot.com/p/BrassCra...t-1-4-Turn-Straight-Valve-G2R12X-C1/202047040

The valve is going to be easy to find locally. The adapter may or may not be easy to find. It seems to me that the valve part could be useful.

IMG_5.jpg

So suppose you get the hose to connect to C. What problem remains?

Donnieee

Reaction score
Let's start with a portion. The yellow C is a 1/2 inch NPT thread. You want something that lets you connect your toilet supply hose instead of the A-B Fastenal adapter which did not work out. You could find an adapter probably, but you could also uses a valve as I pictured above. It can have the 1/2 FIP thread that can connect to C, and it can connect to the smaller end of the toilet supply hose. The one I pictured is angled, but they also come in straight, such as this one: http://www.homedepot.com/p/BrassCra...t-1-4-Turn-Straight-Valve-G2R12X-C1/202047040

The valve is going to be easy to find locally. The adapter may or may not be easy to find. It seems to me that the valve part could be useful.

View attachment 38713

So suppose you get the hose to connect to C. What problem remains?
I think I will replace the A-B adapter with the valved one from home depot you linked. I think solving that will make bidet work. Thank you very much!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks