Adapting to rigid faucet supply lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott Rudy

Reaction score
I am installing an antique wall mount sink with all exposed plumbing underneath using a single hole faucet.
The faucet comes with 24" braided stainless supply lines that fit up inside the faucet and connect with a threaded male double o ring fitting (i have found it to be called m10x1)

i want to use rigid supply lines. does anybody know where i can get an adapter or even short versions of this fitting? I don't want exposed braided lines under my sink.

scott
i have attached an image of the compactor i am talking about in case i am naming it incorrectly

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 10.51.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 10.51.39 AM.png
    108 KB · Views: 350

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think the fitting inside of the faucet may be a standard FIP fitting. If so, one of these in the proper size would work. If attaching rigid tubing, you wouldn't use the insert sticking out that is needed for plastic tubing to allow the compression nut to work without collapsing the tubing. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...-Adapter-1-2-in-x-1-2-in-MIP-800819/207176785 To get the faucet end to seal, you'd have to use pipe dope or PTFE tape. Depending on the actual size of the fitting and tubing you want to use, you'd have to select the proper one. You might find a chrome plated version. Measure the OD of the end on the hoses they supplied, and compare it to the fitting or try to screw it into a fitting at the store to determine the actual size and if it will fit. A good plumbing supply store might be a better choice than a big-box store.
everbilt-couplings-adaptors-800819-64_1000.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The fitting inside the faucet seals with O-Rings. They are not compression or tapered threads.
The nut that fits to the stop is for 3/8" compression. This is how many new kitchen faucets are being made now.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sounds like you'd need a different adapter then, that I've not seen available. Anyone seen one that can go from that to rigid tubing?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks