Adapting a Faucet from 4" centers to 8"

Users who are viewing this thread

Reinhars

Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum, and have been searching for advice, but there doesn't seem to be much out there on this specific subject
I purchased a Delta faucet a while ago as I began to think about a bathroom Reno, it is a 4" center installation. By the time I got to purchasing a vanity as the Reno progressed I found it very difficult to find the vanity I wanted with a 4" centre counter top.
So, I purchased the vanity I wanted but has 8" predrilled holes (marble). Before I give up on the fairly expensive faucet I purchased and buy an 8", does anyone know if the 4" can be converted to an 8"? Looks to me that it might be fairly simple, but before I try it wanted to seek some advice. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20200326_103100.jpg
    20200326_103100.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 119

Reinhars

Reaction score
Sorry, re-read this, I am looking to convert the faucet from 4" to 8", not the vanity...in case that wasn't clear.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
None of us would even attempt such a solution. It's a brass body of unknown sizing. I would sell it and find an 8" that works with you new counter.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sometimes, you can find a trim plate that would cover the outer holes, and drill new ones. You may not like the look.

Keeping everything aligned, assuming you could get the bits apart to add an extension, would be problematic without a proper jig. It might be brazed rather than soldered, which would make it harder, too. HAve access to a machine shop, you'd have a better chance...you might have to fabricate some parts.

Reinhars

Reaction score
Thanks folks for your advice and consideration. I have a friend who is a plumber looking to see if it can be done. We measured the OD of connecting pipe at 7/16, and he may be able to extend that, but don't know for sure. I may be with you Terry, sell it back to Kijiji, from where I found it, and buy a new one that fits. But I'll give it a little more time to see if a solution comes forward. Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks