Adapter from 1.25" to 1" needed

Users who are viewing this thread

sathya

Reaction score
The immersion heater element in a hot water tank stopped when the wires got wet due to a leak. The supplier has no replacement and it's out of warranty anyway. I bought a new element on Ebay listed as 1" which is the diameter of the old one (I am using a 1" PVC plug until I get a replacement element). The part was listed as 1" but it is really 1" NPSM, which is 1-1/4" (1.25") as near as I can measure it. I doubt that an adapter from 1.25" (female) to 1" (male) exists, but am asking here as I have not found one elsewhere. An adapter could be metal or PVC. I am trying to get an adapter rather than try to exchange, as I am out of the USA and cannot easily return or receive a new heater element.
Photo shows new element on left, old one on the right
Thanks for any tips...

Attachments

• P1010673.JPG
    P1010673.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 161

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "old" one has is a proprietary item and is probably only available from the heater company. The new one appears to be have the more common 1" IPS thread. But, NEITHER of them seals with the thread the way a plug would. They use a gasket above the thread to seal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks