Ada Ultramax...will it fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Xlr8tion

P.E. (Professional Engineer)
Reaction score
I checked the Spec sheet on the ADA ultramax and it wants the h20 supply 5" off the floor and 6" from the base centerline.

My current Kohlers have the water line at a height of 8" high and 6" off center.

I know it wants 5" but will 8" work?

If not I will go with the Drake II...it uses a 8" supply and is80 dollars cheaper with double cyclone and CEFIONTECT (go figure no SG and ADA on the 1.6 U-max...) You have to go to the UMax II for both options.

Thanks...

Greg

PS...I have a 3/8 connection..I see Toto want's 1/2.....

ms604_angle_seat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be any reason you water supply location would be a problem. Water supply locations listed on the specs for toilets usually are suggested locations and are not finite. You say the water supply is 3/8", but I can assure you that if you really do have a supply valve that size, that it is connected to a 1/2" pipe and can easily be replaced, but even if you kept the smaller size, it might cause the refill to take a few seconds more, but would still work fine. If it was mine, I'd replace the valve with a new 1/4 turn model.

Xlr8tion

Reaction score
Thanks Gary.....G-max vs. Double Cyclone

Thanks and Great idea on changing out those 10 year old 4 turn valves....They seem they are going to fail(break) whenever I need to turn them off....or just fail and flood the home!

Now the tough choice is between the Drake II and the UMax.....There is about a 50 dollar diff but the Ultramax does not, go figure, come with CEFIONTECT on the ADA height.

The Drake II is spiffy enough looking to be on Toto's top page and comes with SG and ADA.

The confusing part is you get bowl rinse with G-Max but not with Double cyclone; yet Terry is big on the UMAX II which uses Double Cyclone and has no bowl rinse..

Any opinions...The Drake II looks as modern as the Two pieces come and as I said...can't get the ADA with CEFIONTECT in the Ultramax without going to UMAX II and then I lose the rinse of the Gmax....

Doh...all this technology!

Regards....Greg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
As long as the shutoff doesn't hit the trapway, you are fine. That means 3" or more to the left of the centerline.
1/2" is the water in the wall, which you then install a shutoff, which most of the time is 3/8". But they also make 1/2 nominal and 1/2" IP sizing.

The double cyclone rinses in a circular motion around the bowl.
It also comes with CEFIONTECT (except in the black)

For ADA you have the
Drake II
Vespin II
Ultramax II
Carlyle II
Soiree
Guinevere
And others that can be searched for.

And then you have the original Toto products that have the conventional straight down the bowl rinse.
Drake
Ultramax
and others.

I will be installing the Drake II in Sue's home this week. She likes that style and I like how it works.
I'm pulling out a God Awful Home Depot brand that is flapperless and that she has previously tried to return to the store.

The Drake II and the Ultramax II will flush like this video

Last edited:

Xlr8tion

Reaction score
1/2" it is....

Thanks Terry!

I mis spoke about the 3/8"...I was referring to the flex line off the POS valves I have that are on 1/2" male pipe.

Yeah...I like the Drake II...I know its not a s "clean" as the Ultramax...but it ranks' #2 on your list and that is good enough for me!

From your experience do the Drake II's perform as well as the Drakes?

Thanks again.......

BTW...I read the CR reports e-mail exchange...what a bunch of JackHoles...thank god I found your site or would have been stuck w/a Cimarron!

Regards...Greg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake II works very well. That's why Sue is getting one.
And besides, I have an ileostomy bag and I love how the double cyclone works for that. Many conventional toilets need to be flushed several times to rinse things out. The Drake II just nails it!

On the CR thing. When my brother was with Ralph Nader, I sent those emails over, and it became a radio talk show topic with people calling in. The funny thing is that my brother personally knows the owners of that magazine. The owners had no idea that was happening though.

Xlr8tion

Reaction score
You just hit 10K posts Terry!

Congrats...The last decision is wherher to go w/the MS604114CEFG for only 60 bucks more than the Drake II....

Thanks again Terry....

Regards...Greg

Xlr8tion

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on 3 Ultramax II's....WooHooo!

Now to get Kohlers un cemented from the tile on slab!

Thanks for everyone's help...Especially Terry............

Now I have to go take a $1100 beat down from the wife(better to ask for forgiveness then beg for forgiveness)!....

Regards...Greg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks