Actual costs for Bradford White water heaters?

Users who are viewing this thread

packardv8

Reaction score
I've used Bradford White water heaters for many years and believe them to be a reasonably good product. However, their secrecy in pricing makes it difficult to compare potential installations.

PLEASE NOTE: Bradford White offers its products exclusively through authorized Bradford White representatives and wholesale distributors for sale to qualified installers. Other parties and websites are not authorized to sell Bradford White products and Bradford White does not endorse, recommend or make any representations or warranties regarding any products manufactured by third parties or sold by unauthorized parties or websites, or any content, materials or other information located or accessible from any other website.

Any suggestions as to how to where to find actual costs and average retail-to-customer markups? The SupplyHouse.com gives a delivered price. The only other seller I found gave a low-ball price, then added $400 for shipping, which made it come out the same.

Anyone ever bought a BW from an on-line seller? If so, would you recommend it? If not, why not?

Bottom line - what options are there for the DIY to use BW, even though they don't want our business?

jack vines

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When they chose to sell to pro installers, that just makes everyone's job easier. I can't tell you how many hack jobs I've seen by handymen.
We sell and install Bradford White too. But only with the install.

packardv8

Reaction score
When they chose to sell to pro installers, that just makes everyone's job easier. I can't tell you how many hack jobs I've seen by handymen.
We sell and install Bradford White too. But only with the install.

Yes, Terry, I agree. Most homeowners shouldn't be installing gas water heaters. However, I wish I'd taken a photo of the professional licensed plumber installation I'll be replacing. The inlet needed a brass union between the ball valve and the tank. I realize unions are a PITA to measure and get right and tight. Instead, there was an 18" horizontal "U" with six soldered joints sticking out into the room. My guess was he didn't want to walk down the driveway and out to the curb to his truck to get the union and the nipples. That's just one example of less than the best pros sometimes deliver.

Thanks,

jack vines

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks