Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Washlets and bidet seats,
The lower end units don't have air dry, but as you go up in price, the air dry is added.
I don't often wait around for that though. I do like the water wash, and that alone means less paper usage.
I love that it's warm to sit on, especially in the Winter months in Seattle. Though frankly sitting on something warmer than 70 degrees is always nice.
Those with medical issues can also benifit from it. Those going through raditation will notice a huge difference.
That being said, everyone using them likes them. They're cool.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't confuse a bidet with a "washlet", which are fancy options added to the toilet. Manufacturers will use marketing labels for bidet toilet add-ons, but none are.

A true bidet is not a toilet. It's pretty much like a water drinking fountain that you can sit on, and shouldn't dump anything other than coffee in it. This means they are installed alongside with the toilet - requiring more space.

Bidets (fyi, which is a french word) are a norm in France, and can be found even in public restrooms. They are found in many larger homes in the french communities of Canada. Big box stores in these areas will stock bidets.

Once you see photos and video demonstrations of a bidet and a washlet, their differences are drastically obvious.

A bidet will use a large volume of water to clean your underneaths. It's basically a full strength shower, depending on your supply's psi. The user can make a total mess over this. Easier to clean and maintain, it doesn't have electronics, plastic parts, edges and cracks where things can get pretty gross over time. This is why we have to change toilet covers and seats over time. I can't imagine washlet components looking any prettier over their usage.

In addition to theraputic benefits, it's a godsend for those with medical conditions, as cleaner areas promote healing and health. Those with medical issues understand.

For those that must know, there are no dryer options in a bidet. Towels are quick, laundry does the rest.

People also use bidets to wash their feet. For those didn't already know, there are many folks that like clean feet right before bedtime.

If you have the space for it, you may enjoy a bidet over a washlet. There is no comparison between the two, they both have their own pros and cons that only the user can decide for their own, regardless of others' opinions.
bidet1.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks