Acrylic Corner Shower Drain Lip

Users who are viewing this thread

Mavtech

Reaction score
Replacing our neo-angle corner shower base and was installing the Oatey No-Caulk Brass Shower Drain. I noticed I could not fully tighten the drain. I would tighten it, then once I gave it a tap on the side it would become loose. After closer inspection I noticed that the lip of the acrylic tub where the drain connects is not even. One side of the drain hole is 1/8" thick, the opposite side is 1/4" thick.
Am I correct in requesting a replacement?
I am guessing there is a tolerance allowed during fabrication, which would be taken care off with the rubber gasket of the shower drain, but this seems a little too much.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That drain might be able to accommodate the defective shower receptor...IMHO, the one you have IS defective.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks