Acid Neutralizer Failure- HELP

Users who are viewing this thread

Joseph Wann

Reaction score
I have a Flex 7000 Acid Neutralizer system that I bought new in 2013 and it has worked great until last week.

I went to turn the water on one night and nothing- no water.
After investigating I discovered the system pushed calcite into my pipes and clogged everything. It took me days to get water working again. Every valve, faucet , toilet, ect was clogged and had to take apart. Frustrating

I called vendor that i bought it, and talked to tech rep and said he never heard about that ever happening, and will have to get back to me in a day or two.

I am on well water in NJ with 40/60 pump pressure, so not over pressured.

I am looking for advise what could have gone wrong, and how to fix. I need system my water is naturally 6.0 PH

I am currently bypassing my system and its unplugged

Attachments

• Flex7000.jpg
    Flex7000.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 250

Reach4

Reaction score
If you mean Fleck 7000, then the bottom basket could have failed. If something else, post a picture, including the controller and incoming pipes. Whatever you have, it could still be the bottom basket.

Another possibility is that you have no top basket, but only recently did you have a big big water flow that lifted the calcite up and out.

The bottom basket is a name for the distributor screen, which is at the bottom of the distributor tube. There is always one of those. The top basket is a similar screen at the top.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks