Access Panel vs Drywalling

Users who are viewing this thread

Viktor

Reaction score
Hello,
Need a bit of advice. I had some plumbing work where it required a 14" x 44" inch piece of drywall cut out to access the shower pipe. Now I need to determine if I should put a access panel for easy access if there is a need to go back there again or just dry wall again. thoughts?

Reach4

Reaction score
There is no one answer. If the wall is the living room wall, that would be different than if the wall is inside a closet.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just to state the obvious. A removable panel can be made to look like part of the decor. Drywall is easy to repair, but it does require repainting which usually means the entire room. Then you need to consider how often, if ever, there would need to be access. That's just guesswork of course. So it leads us back to where the thread began. It's your call.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Why was the repair necessary, and what are the chances it will happen again? If this was a "permanent repair" you may never need an access panel again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks