Access panel for Roman Tub Faucet?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by handyman923, May 9, 2011.

  1. handyman923

    handyman923 Member

    Nov 20, 2006
    Portland, OR
    I am installing a soaking tub with a roman tub faucet. The roman tub faucet has a pull-out hand-held sprayer with a braided stainless steel hose with threaded fittings at each end. The hose will retract to below the tub deck.

    Do I need an access panel for this faucet?

  2. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    Probably not, but I would install a short braided stainless steel "whip" hose between the faucet and the hand held, (long enough to reach above the deck when it is pulled out), so if the hand held hose breaks, which they are prone to do, you do NOT have to disconnect it from the faucet, which would require an access panel.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Access panel
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Tile an Access Panel?? Oct 20, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Best location for air tub access panel, front or floor? Apr 4, 2013
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Preferred Makes/Models - Tileover Access Panels Apr 3, 2013
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Jacuzzi Tub Access Panel - Building, Access and Sound Proofing May 19, 2012
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Access panels and wet walls. May 18, 2012

Share This Page