AC problem

Users who are viewing this thread

rick_reeves

Reaction score
I am having a problem that I'm not quite sure of the problem. When the AC is running I may run for a couple of days or maybe even a month in perfect operation. Every once in a while it just stops running. I adjust the thermostat up and down and it does nothing. I then turn the fan from "Auto" to "ON" and let this run for about a minute. Then I set it back to "Auto" and it will run OK until the next time this happens. It doesn't happen at a constant interval so I'm really sure what the problem is. Sometimes it will run for a week or maybe a month and then stop. Any suggestions?

Rick

R

Rancher

Thermostat problem, or the relay inside of the AC unit.

Rancher

D.Smith

Reaction score
Did the same thing to me and I replaced thermostat. Seemed to solve the problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks