ABS connect to PVC

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff Knecht

Reaction score
Hi All

Which glue is used to attach a PVC long 90 to a cut-off ABS pipe?

I would rather use a Fernco coupler but I have read where Fernco couplers cannot be used in a wall or above ground. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thank You
Jeff

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Fernco is a brand . Fernco makes a coupling for this it has a full metal jacket around the outside (the type that's legal) or one that's just rubber with 2 hose clamps not legal in walls.
also make sure the size is correct and marked something like pl to pl
not ci to pl (castiron to plastic)

plumbquick-coupling-22.jpg

mission-cp200.jpg

Travis K

Reaction score
What about using both for good measures? Use that pvc to abs glue and use a hub to pipe rubber coupler on top? I think that the abs/pvc glue isnt approved but there is an interesting comparison online where a guy test all the glues and pipe combos and the abs/pvc joint with the appropriate glue is the strongest. Even stronger than pvc/pvc with primer and solvent.

Jeff Knecht

Reaction score
What about using both for good measures? Use that pvc to abs glue and use a hub to pipe rubber coupler on top? I think that the abs/pvc glue isnt approved but there is an interesting comparison online where a guy test all the glues and pipe combos and the abs/pvc joint with the appropriate glue is the strongest. Even stronger than pvc/pvc with primer and solvent.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I wasn't suggesting that if your reply was in regards to my post.
ok Travis yes I was referring to your post it was post number 4 perhaps mis understood " using both"
I'd probably use a mission cp 200 I never used transition glue except on gluing ABS onto a PVC sewer lateral

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks