Users who are viewing this thread

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Midea is a large consumer brand for all sorts of household appliances, etc in China. (Need a rice cooker or blender? Midea sells those. How about dishwasher or clothes washer? Midea sells those too.) Midea USA lists those types of products as well, not just refrigeration equipment such as mini-splits.

I think (but don't know for sure) Midea mini-splits are manufactured under contract by Gree, the largest manufacturer of air conditioning and heat pump equipment in China. The modulation ranges/turn-down ratios aren't nearly as good as some of the better Korean & Japanese mini-splits, and IIRC not as good as the better Gree-branded Chinese mini-splits.

Jorgebaloy

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer. If it is true what you say about: Midea mini-splits are manufactured under contract by Gree, it is contradictory, I do not like the Gree brand but Midea yes.

Jorgebaloy

Reaction score
I'll start with saying I did some research on Midea and it was tough to locate anything about them. My contractor recommended Midea and he explained to me the benefits of Midea over some competitive brands like Trane and Goodman. I've had this installed a month now and we are impressed. It's ultra quiet and can't even tell it's running. Our new Midea cooled the house down fast as anything. I'm sold for good. What I was told is that the new inverter systems will only use the amount of btu that it needs to cool down the house versus going full blast. Basically I think it's a variable speed condenser and with the variable speed blower it's been saving us a ton. Would recommend this brand to my friends and family.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks