AAV Valve for washer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Christoff

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if an AAV valve can be used in Ontario Canada for venting a washer
I have to relocate the current washer dryer and there is no vent available where they are being moved to.
I was considering using a 2 inch to join into the main drain about 10 feet away, or what would be the best way to tackle this. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Jen A

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, I will ask when I pick up the permit
Hi Christoff,

I am looking to do the same thing, install an AAV with a washer. I am relocating the washer to a lower floor utility room where there are two cleanouts that currently don't have any fixtures draining into them and there isn't any existing venting. There is only one DWV stack in the house and it is 25 ft away and a level above where I plan to install the washing machine. I'm just wondering how it went for you and if you had any issues having it approved by a plumber.

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer

Christoff

Reaction score
Hi Christoff,

I am looking to do the same thing, install an AAV with a washer. I am relocating the washer to a lower floor utility room where there are two cleanouts that currently don't have any fixtures draining into them and there isn't any existing venting. There is only one DWV stack in the house and it is 25 ft away and a level above where I plan to install the washing machine. I'm just wondering how it went for you and if you had any issues having it approved by a plumber.

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer
Hi Jennifer, my plumber said that is acceptable to use an aav if there is no way to use an existing vent. If you are concerned, maybe give the municipality building inspector a call to confirm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks