AAV Valve for washer?

Discussion in 'Canadian Plumbing Code Questions' started by christoff, Jul 1, 2017.

1. christoff

christoff Member

Hello, I was wondering if an AAV valve can be used in Ontario Canada for venting a washer
    I have to relocate the current washer dryer and there is no vent available where they are being moved to.
    I was considering using a 2 inch to join into the main drain about 10 feet away, or what would be the best way to tackle this. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2017
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    It would be up to your local inspector, but they do make them that work with washers.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. christoff

christoff Member

Thanks Terry, I will ask when I pick up the permit

5. Jen A

Jen A New Member

Hi Christoff,

I am looking to do the same thing, install an AAV with a washer. I am relocating the washer to a lower floor utility room where there are two cleanouts that currently don't have any fixtures draining into them and there isn't any existing venting. There is only one DWV stack in the house and it is 25 ft away and a level above where I plan to install the washing machine. I'm just wondering how it went for you and if you had any issues having it approved by a plumber.

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer

6. christoff

christoff Member

Hi Jennifer, my plumber said that is acceptable to use an aav if there is no way to use an existing vent. If you are concerned, maybe give the municipality building inspector a call to confirm.

7. Jen A

Jen A New Member

Thank you! Will do!