AAV in Bellevue? (moving kitchen sink during remodel)

Users who are viewing this thread

ukn

Reaction score
We're remodeling and moving the kitchen sink to another wall, under a window, about 20' (along 2 walls) away from the existing drain/vent.

I was hoping to use an AAV for the vent to avoid having to make a new roof penetration (or cut notches in a whole lot of studs, which I don't think would be allowed anyway), but I've found conflicting information about whether that is allowed in Bellevue or not. Does someone here have experience with them in particular regarding AAVs for non-island sinks?

For the drain (I think) I can go into an unfinished basement room under the kitchen and along the walls to tie into the existing drain.

Context: this is part of a larger project to replace most/all of the galvanized steel pipes in the house with PEX for supply and ABS for DWV. Bellevue city inspector has advised me to have a consultation with a local licensed plumber, I'd be happy to do that in person or online to talk through all the details if someone's here is up for it.

Thanks!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Call your local plumber. It is very difficult to do over the phone or on line without seeing the whole picture.

Terry Love Plumbing
12108 NE 163rd St
Bothell, WA 98011
Tel (206) 949-5683
Email lovesplumbing@comcast.net

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks