A morgue has a disposal. This is no joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
This is no joke and a good article on the Covid-19. Picture is from the Washington Post. Not sure if you can get access to this article since I have an online subscription. Washington Post has had no restrictions on the Covid-19 stories so you may be able to read it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...um=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 12.51.56 PM.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
This is no joke and a good article on the Covid-19. Picture is from the Washington Post. Not sure if you can get access to this article since I have an online subscription. Washington Post has had no restrictions on the Covid-19 stories so you may be able to read it.
Interesting article on COVID aspects I had not been aware of. I am not bothered by the disposal.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A lot of states that started way behind Washington State on COVID have been passing us. Most places where I go people are wearing masks, and a lot of businesses are closed or working from home. Being careful in Washington has been helping to slow the spread.

I wonder what disposer they have on that sink? Wait..........do I even want to think about that one?
I recently installed an Insinkerator PRO 880 LT with a air switch on the sink. It's very quiet.

WorthFlorida

Solutions
Reaction score
The wife and I have been wearing masks since early March. Out today at the supermarket and everyone has mask on. Only saw one person leaving without on. Twice at the local ACE store and saw only one without a mask the other day and most are keeping their distance. Orange County Florida last week placed a mandatory mask rule and the Governor closed bars this week. I check the stats, Orange County has deaths from COVID-19, one too many at 38 deaths since Feb. with a population of 1.353 million but eight deaths in the last week.

The wife is type 1, my granddaughter is type one, I'm type 2 with heart disease @ 70 so we are high risk. We stopped going to church but our pastor records the mass on You Tube. Fortunately my one son and daughter-in-law work from home, my other son and his wife are teachers so they are home. These are the only people we that have been in each others homes since May. No one else. Out senior group have not met since Feb. I've had a landscape do a lot of work around the home and contractors come, I keep the distance outside with a mask. The news make it sound like everyone is care free. Not so.

Those who mock the mask and get sick, everyone of them regret it. Plenty of news stories on that subject. They do not realize that three months ago 120,000 people did not plan to died. What a away to live in retirement.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
We are working in nursing homes over 100 peopel died

Seems NYGovonor and the NYC mayor thought it was ok to take people incarcerated and place them n nursng homes so they could infect the elderly and thin the herd

Takes a certain mentality to palce infected inmates and palce them in places people are most vunerable

We are working 7 days a week over 12 hours a day in most cases and picked up three more nursing homes in the past month

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I recommend mail in voting everywhere. There is no reason for the older part of the population to wait in long lines to vote. In Washington State we have had mail in voting for years and it works great. We get sent a booklet with everything and everybody that will be on the ballot. Then a few days later we get sent a ballot which we have two weeks to fill out. That way you can research on your own what measures and candidates we plan to vote for. You drop it in the mail, postage prepaid. When they receive your ballot, they check your signature with the one they have on file. That way your spouse can't vote in your place.

We don't lose any time from work this way, so voting in our democracy is easy and quick We also make sure that anyone that wants to be involved, whether you are old or a student, that your vote counts. I pity the poor states that require people to take time off from work and wait in those long lines that I see on the news. Those long lines look like voter suppression to me.

And seriously, replace your disposal at ten year intervals. Maybe sooner like at eight years.
And Insinkerator is my favorite brand. The Badger disposals work well, but going up to the quieter ones can be really nice. If you are hard of hearing though, you might want to stick with the ones you can hear running though.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Last edited:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
July 19 I will be 73 I still work water Jetting mostly . NYC is known to have dead peopel vote so I go to the places and see if any dead people I know are voting

I never want to retire and where else can a semi old guy make over $1,000 for less then 3 hours work . Actually the jetter does the owrk I just palce the hose in the pipe and watch it do its thing

IMG_20200507_111130.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Looking good Sylvan. Not many can handle that type of work. I know it's harder than what you're saying. It takes strength to set up the machine and skill so that it doesn't' clobber you. You just don't like bragging. I'll do it for you.

Cole Sear

Reaction score
NYC is known to have dead peopel vote so I go to the places and see if any dead people I know are voting

Oh, you see dead people too. I've gotten used to it. Not everyone I know is okay with that though. Some are helpful, some are kind of angry/sad. Some are just wanting to say something.

WorthFlorida

Solutions
Reaction score
I recommend mail in voting everywhere. There is no reason for the older part of the population to wait in long lines to vote. ....

The last few years we've been doing early voting even before we retired. Palm Beach County and now Orange County. The last time we voted the library had a line around the building. We went to a Senior Park and Recreational Center about five miles from our home. A fantastic place all under Orange County Parks. There was no wait, maybe one other person voting that just walked out as we arrived. This year we'll do mail in vote. I think I have to wait until Aug or after the primaries to request one.
I'm not worried about dead people voting, my deceased mother got a check for the Rebate Recovery tax giveaway.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I know this is an OLD thread... and got a tad off topic.. But back to the original post.

In the late 90's we had a meeting with the mayor of the town we used to have our shop in.. They wanted to know if we could do a job for a constituent that needed to do the work off the books and without any permits or inspections. The company made heart defribulators and performed animal testing. Apparently if facilities like this got too public, they ended up getting protesters and problems...

So, some of the work they needed done was building a necropsy table. The table needed to be able to be set up and broken down easily. It needed to have hot and cold running water that would wash the table as the technician worked and that wash down would end up... in a disposal dumping into a floor sink.

I never did get to see that thing in action..

Fitter30

Reaction score
Do not read if you don't want to know I've installed one cremation furnace. This was at a large cemetery had 3 furnaces put in another other one in a two furnace garage with a operating furnace. Size of a full size van just 8' tall , weight 24k lbs and was oversized for 500/lbs. 4m btu 1.5 main burner the rest for a after burner. 3" nat gas line. Yes the other was in operation. Factory startup.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks