A/C closet not enclosed

Users who are viewing this thread

cgriggs

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a house (my house) built in 1990. The closet for the A/C has a direct opening into the attic. I don't have a picture of it but what would be the best way to enclose this closet?

I guess butt something up against the duct on all 4 sides and secure it to the 2 x 4's? What does it need to be, regular plywood or is there some other type of product that would do better?

Thanks for looking, when I get batteries for the camera I'll post up some pictures.

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
If it's both a furnace and a A/C unit then you would have to be careful as to the materials used.

If it's just A/C then you have more choices.

Personally: I wrapped tin foil around fiberglass and pushed it into the 2 inch gap that i had between my Furnace duct and the 2x4's surrounding it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks