9100sxt won't refill brine tank

Users who are viewing this thread

denalitl

Reaction score
I have a Fleck 9100sxt dual tank system, each tank has 96,000 capacity. It will draw the brine, but it won't refill the salt tank. I have to fill it manually with a bucket. I have cleaned the brine line and screen, still the not refilling. I also took out the float valve and cleaned it. It could be the settings.
My settings are:
BD 60
BF 29
BW 10
RR 10

I noticed during BF cycle it was drawing brine instead of refilling and than regeneration ended. During BF cycle shouldn't it be refilling?

Thank you for your help .

Last edited:

denalitl

Reaction score
Master settings are as follows :
DF - GAL
VT - dF1b
CT - F1
NT - 2
TS - U2
C - 80,000
H - 55
RS - SF
SF - 15
DO - 14
RT - 2:00
BW - 10
BD - 60
RR - 10
BF - 29
FL - t0.7

Bannerman

Reaction score
Do you have a BLFC (brine line flow control) number? That is usually indicated on a label located near the brine line or drain line connection.

The BLFC rate in gpm X 'BF' time setting = the total water amount reentering the brine tank which X 3 lbs/gal, is the amount of salt dissolved per regeneration cycle.

Reach4

Reaction score
Looking at the diagrams, I am suspecting the upper piston or related seal.

Reach4

Reaction score
BLFC # .50 GPM / 1.5 LB

planned 43.5 pounds of salt for every regen! How big are your tanks?

During BF cycle shouldn't it be refilling? Yes.

Last edited:

denalitl

Reaction score
Tanks are 14 x 65, 3 cuft of 8% crossink resin. Six residents, 3 1/2 bathrooms. The hardness was about 46 gpg and iron was 2 ppm about five year ago. The water seems to have gotten worse, I think we also have iron bacteria. I'm having the water tested by Kar labs and should be getting the results soon. Probably going to need more than a softener.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Wont refill... put the system through a regen and watch the cam inside the powerhead. During the draw and fill cycles, the brine valve should be depressed. Also be sure the brine valve is the correct one. If you look closely at the valve, you will notice near the end they machine a groove on the stem about 1/8" before the end. This is a simple indicator since the valve is very similar to the 5600 brine valve and is easily mistaken. If you have the wrong brine valve in, it will not work correctly.

Otherwise, if the valve is depressed during the refill cycle, remove the brine tube and the brass piece that it goes into. Inside is a flow control button. You may have a little piece of debris in there. The brine flow control is a directional flow, it only restricts during refill, not draw so a clogged button can cause the symptom you are having.

This should get you started.

denalitl

Reaction score
Dittohead, I first removed brass piece, it was clear, than removed the brine valve and cleaned the screen. It did have the yellow nozzles. I replaced everything back and started regeneration, the valve worked correctly, the brine valve depressed both times.

During BF it started refilling, so something I did fixed the problem for now. It doesn't fill for the whole 29 minutes because the water reaches the float before the BF ends.
I need to a just capacity and BF time.

Once I get my well water test I will need recommendation on a new system.

Thank you for your help.

ditttohead

Reaction score
Assuming a proper 3 cf of softening media inside the tank program as follows.

DF - GAL
VT - dF1b
CT - F1
NT - 2
TS - U2
C - 60,000
H - 55
RS - SF
SF - 00
DO - 14
RT - 2:00
BW - 10
BD - 60
RR - 5
BF - 20 (set high due to iron load)
FL - t0.7

Considering your 2 ppm of iron, a serious cleaning of the resin shold be done regularly. A simple chemical drip is usually adequate. ALso get yourself a Hach 5B test kit and test regularly.

denalitl

Reaction score
Thanks Dittohead, I will go with these settings for now until I get the water test results in.

So the rapid rinse should be 5 minutes ?

ditttohead

Reaction score
RR is nothing more than a packing rinse, even 5 minutes is overkill. RR should never be used for clearing salt from the system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks