90 long sweep alternative

Users who are viewing this thread

Nicksat77

Reaction score
1) Doesn't particularly matter, 80" is fine if that's easiest. Gives you plenty of room to work near the foundation.

2) Your third to last photo, it's the elbow on the left? It's supposed to be a LT90, the quarter bend is not ok as far as code compliance. No opinion on whether it will perform OK.

It's hard to see what's going there, what's the obstruction to a LT 90? That's the end of the girder on the right, your floor penetration happens to line up with the girder? What's the piece of wood at the top left, and why can't you notch it a little? Or move your floor penetration to be just next to the girder and point a LT90 outlet directly alongside the girder?

3) Double san-tees are not allowed there, you need a double fixture fitting. See UPC 706.2 at the link I posted earlier.

Cheers, Wayne
Hi Wayne,

1) Thank you!

2) Yes, the elbow on the upper left. The obstruction is the wood and concrete part of the foundation directly below it. I could maybe cut some of the wood out and it would still fit but very hesitant to cut into the concrete. I would maybe be able to squeeze the LT 90 on but would be somewhat hard to make sure that it was fully in the 2" pipe.

3) Thank you!

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
2) It's a bit hard to make out what the foundation and cripple wall framing configuration is where the 2" lav drain is passing through the floor (I'm thinking now the 2" pipe coming down is just next to the girder and obstructing the view of the end of the girder).

But if you wanted to hack out a little wood or concrete, it's very likely that would be possible structurally. Before I could say for sure, you'd need to draw a scale diagram of everything there so I could comment. Or maybe a photo from the outside of that grilled area, on top of which you draw the projection of all the framing, as if one could see through the exterior wall.

Cheers, Wayne

Nicksat77

Reaction score
2) It's a bit hard to make out what the foundation and cripple wall framing configuration is where the 2" lav drain is passing through the floor (I'm thinking now the 2" pipe coming down is just next to the girder and obstructing the view of the end of the girder).

But if you wanted to hack out a little wood or concrete, it's very likely that would be possible structurally. Before I could say for sure, you'd need to draw a scale diagram of everything there so I could comment. Or maybe a photo from the outside of that grilled area, on top of which you draw the projection of all the framing, as if one could see through the exterior wall.

Cheers, Wayne
Yes, you are correct the 2" drain is only a few inches from the girder and is obstructing the view of the rest of it. I do not know who but some prior owners/plumbers have removed some of the concrete/wood for the other bathroom fixtures and it passed our initial inspection when we bought the place. Our house is on piers so I think I would probably be okay to at least take out some of the wood. Will try the LT 90 again and see what I need to do.

Thank you for the help.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is a double santee - is that not okay?
Double santee isn't compliant.

double-lav-3.jpg

Double fixture fitting is.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think you were asking about a long sweep? I guess just leave it a medium. And change double san tee to a proper fitting, a few couplings you'll be done in a jiffy I couldn't understand anything else or those pictures

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks