5600 Economizer valve problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I thought I was dreaming, but after the 3rd night I came to the reality that my softener did regenerate every night for 3-4 nights.

Looking at the program wheel, it had clearly failed to return back to full capacity while the regeneration took place. I was able to spin it manually ok, and I also checked to see that the flowmeter impeller cable is being driven during water useage as would be expected. The motor and clock operation look to be normal.

I am not clear how the timer function operates the valve, or what component might fail that would prevent the timer from advancing during a regeneration. It would be great if someone who knows this valve well could give me some idea what to look for.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Behind the hour wheel (main gear) is a gear that connects to the meter wheel. Make sure all teeth are good. I have also seen the seals act like a rubber band and cause the unit to start another cycle. This would be back to back though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks