4x4x3x3x2x2x2x2 fitting for back to back baths.

Users who are viewing this thread

desertdog

Reaction score
I used a DWV fitting for a back to back bath installation in 1982 in Michigan that was 4" top and bottom, 3" long sanitary Y on the sides, and 4 inlets above the 3" Y fittings which were 2". This allowed for installation of the two toilets using the 3" Y fittings, the tub/showers and vanity sinks were plumbed directly into the 4" stack via the 2" inlets with no reventing above the floor. It was a special order fitting and was not cheap but it did pass inspection at that time.

Nobody in Tucson, AZ has ever, heard of this fitting (even the guys older than me.)

I think Genova made this fitting in PVC. My memory is not what it used to be but I am sure that there were at least 2 inlets of 2" diameter for the tub/showers. I could be mistaken about the 2 additional inlets of 2" diameter, since it seems that you would essentially end up with an S trap at the vanities, but I think there were 4 inlets of 2" diameter.

Has anyone seen this unicorn? If so, is it still legal?

back-to-back-atlanta-fitting.jpg

Atlanta fitting

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The original, back in the lead and oakum days was called an Atlanta fitting, used in hotels on back to backs. This one may be illegal in some locals because minor openings are not above the two major openings
Dan Turner

I see them in apartments.. Back to back bathrooms & kitchens..1st floor lav & kit drains tie to the 2" & re-vent in the attic (and ur cable will go up every time to try & snake'em)..aka scrap!!
Chris Rahn

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I couldn't even imagine how expensive that cast bronze fitting is if you could find one to buy! And a good place to find these weird fittings is in manufacturer catalogs..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks