4" sewer lateral question

Users who are viewing this thread

Jb9

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to figure out how I want to route my lateral drain to reach the city sewer saddle. I know it needs to be 4" and I am going to have a few bends to get there. Is it better to use 22 degree elbows instead of a 45 if I need to make a turn? Is the use of 22 degree elbows preferable from a blockage standpoint? I will also have the required cleanouts as well. I think the total linear distance from the exit point of the house is less than 80 feet.

Thanks.

Jb9

Reaction score
Giving this thread a bump. Also, can I cross a potable water line ABOVE my drain line if it's greater than 18" in height? I'm just trying to understand what some of the best practices are for running sewer laterals.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks