4" drain cracked at elbow

Users who are viewing this thread

Mar3232

Reaction score
I know it probably doesn't exist but I've had a piece of 4" pipe that is the inspection pipe for my drain field that has been cracked straight through and I've repaired it before only to have it fail several months later.

The trouble is that to replace the section of pipe will be a nightmare because of the soil etc.

Is there (probably not) SOME sort of flexible? pipe that is used to fit snugly on the INSIDE of a 4" drain pipe?
Something that is meant for a temporary or even permanent? repair? -- thank you

Mar3232

Reaction score
It's a 4" PVC drain pipe leading to drain field, yes it was above ground to some extent so probably cracked by getting hit. I tought of cleaning it again really well and then adding some steel reinforcement on the outside of the pipe (like those little braces) but would love to see if they make something that fits inside the pipe. The section is just 20" or so, the length of an elbow and a bit of the ends.

Reach4

Reaction score

Mar3232

Reaction score
Oh man -- thanks ! ! An inside connector will do it. Gives me plenty to work with. Didn't know they made that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks