36" x 48" shower base

Users who are viewing this thread

FlynHokie

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding a 36" by 48" shower base. Is that an abnormal size? Our old fiberglass one piece shower stall measured that. I want to replace it with a solid surface shower base and tile the walls, but I can't find any solid surface ones that measure that.

Any recommendations?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are places that will make a custom one, but it isn't really all that bad to make your own and tile it. Check out www.johnbridge.com for some ideas and help with tiling, whether you decide to make it or not. I'd also visit www.schluter.com and review Kerdi...neat stuff. While harder to find, Wedi has a tileable system that might work for you as well.

Reaction score
Website
www.howardemerson.com
I'm having a hard time finding a 36" by 48" shower base. Is that an abnormal size? Our old fiberglass one piece shower stall measured that. I want to replace it with a solid surface shower base and tile the walls, but I can't find any solid surface ones that measure that.

Any recommendations?

What color?

http://americh.com/single_product.php?item=showerbases&id=26

They make a great base, but on second thought, this one is 'barrier free', for a wheel chair..........I'll check elsewhere.

Found it: http://americh.com/single_product.php?item=showerbases&id=11 Ignore the picture they show, which is obviously square, but it is available in single threshold, solid acrylic, in the size you're wanting.

Go to Americh.com and then find a local dealer.

HE

Last edited by a moderator:

FlynHokie

Reaction score
Thanks much!!!

Don't want to tile the floor - I'd rather have a solid surface (mainly for cleaning purposes - don't want to mess with cleaning grout floor down the road...
Thanks for the advice though!!! and the find!!!

Reaction score
Website
www.howardemerson.com
Thanks much!!!

Don't want to tile the floor - I'd rather have a solid surface (mainly for cleaning purposes - don't want to mess with cleaning grout floor down the road...
Thanks for the advice though!!! and the find!!!

Hi Flyn,
Where'd we be without Google?

By the way, I am assuming that you meant to write '48 x 36' when you wrote the measurements.

'36 x 48', on the other hand, is not something that is made, and it's entirely different. The first measurement is always the length unless specified differently.

Best of luck with the renovation!

HE

turkeyvulture

Reaction score
Kohler makes a couple of cast iron ones. Also check with your local cultured marble/cultured onyx manufacturer. Here is Sacramento, the make either one to that size and other sizes also.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks