30 gallon hot water tank from 1983

Users who are viewing this thread

harryd

Reaction score
My family runs a small motel in Easter NC. The elements in one of the tanks are bad and we would like to replace the tank seeing as it is from 83. The problem I am facing is finding an electric heater that fits in to the 20" by 65" closet. The current tank is Rheem 81v-300 that is 17" in diameter and 46" in height. We would also like to have the T&P valve and elements easily acceptable for future repairs. I would appreciate any ideas or input.

Last edited:

Stuff

Reaction score
So you should be able to shoehorn in a 19" wide, 47 5/8" high tank from that list. The T&P valve and is on the top. The drain and elements are on the front so just install it facing the door opening. The challenges will be drain pan and discharge piping. Changing the anode later would be near impossible without pulling the tank out of the closet.

If concerned then don't do it yourself. That is what plumbers are for, after all!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks