3 power houses within the healing foods family for better health

Users who are viewing this thread

gusdeli

Reaction score
3 POWER HOUSES WITHIN THE HEALING FOODS FAMILY FOR BETTER HEALTH

There are 22 Power House Foods listed in our website Natures Healing Foods. These foods that are listed, many of them are readily available at restaurants. Some of them can be steamed. Some of them can be eaten with milk, and some just peeled and eaten.

WHOLE GRAINS
The New Broccoli

We’ve heard for years that eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables can protect against heart disease, diabetes, and some forms of cancer. But did you know that whole grains are now believed to provide just as many benefits? “Whole grains have this whole army of different phytonutrients that are doing just as much as fruits and veggies,†says Susan Moores, a Minneapolis nutritionist and a spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association. (A phytonutrient is the name given to the parts of plants that have health benefits.) According to researchers at the University of Minnesota, eating three daily servings of whole grains can reduce the risk of heart disease by 25 to 36 percent, stroke by 37 percent and type II diabetes by 21 to 27 percent. Whole grains include oats, whole wheat, brown rice, bulgur, and bran, among others. “Pick foods whose first ingredient contains the word whole instead of enriched,†Moores says.

SWEET POTATOES
Vitamin and Mineral Powerhouse

The Sweet Potato, a tuberous root vegetable, nutritionally, sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A and a good source of potassium and vitamin, C, B6, riboflavin, copper, pantothetic acid and folic acid. Besides simple starches, sweet potatoes are rich in complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber despite the name “sweetâ€, it may be a beneficial food for diabetics, and have revealed that it helps to stabilize blood sugar levels and to lower insulin resistance. Sweet Potatoes – A nutritional All-Star – one of the best vegetables you can eat. Mix in unsweetened applesauce or crushed pineapple for extra moisture and sweetness.

BLUEBERRIES
Keep the Mind Sharp

When researchers at the USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University analyzed 40 fruits and vegetables for their disease-fighting antioxidant activity, blueberries came out on top. And not just by a little – the study showed that the benefits of eating one serving of wild blueberries are equivalent to those of eating two to three servings of some other fruits and vegetables, including apples, broccoli, and even spinach. Studies published in the past year also show that eating plenty of blueberries may help lessen brain damage from strokes and may reduce the effects of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. “Blueberries really show promise in helping us with our mental acuity – keeping our brain sharp,†say Moores. “The antioxidants in blueberries protect cells from damage, but now we’re finding that other components in blueberries might restore cells to be healthier.†She recommends eating blueberries a couple of times a week.

http://www.natureshealingfoods.com

gus@natureshealingfoods.com

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Hello all,

Thanks for that cool post.

That sounds nice but, First eggs are good for you then they are not. What is the truth ?

Most Americans can not afford to buy health foods.

They jack up the price, and make the price out of our reach, For most people.

But that post was very informative. And welcome to Terry's Forums.

Thanks for sharing.

DonL.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Blueberries, strawberries, grapes etc, are very good for you for many reasons. But, their is one drawback. Those types of foods are also, very easily penetrated by pesticides and the like. I grow my own blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, for that reason. I don't buy organic at the market's either because their is really no way of being guaranteed for the price you are paying they truly are. In the supermarket I buy things like bananas, honey dew melons, skins that can't absorb a spray.

DonL

Reaction score
Hello all,

Cookie that is a good point that you bring up about pesticides.

I don't worry as much about that as I should. especially when you never know, what country's use what.

Or government has pretty much , Shut Down the Farmers in this Country. We depend to much on others.

When I see the price of those items, I shy away.

It is great that you can grow your own. Then you know what you have.

Have a Great day.

DonL

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, I have to share with everybody you know. The deers, the birds love berries, and one raccoon and I had a stand-off one year watching one fat strawberry grow. He won. :)

My husband was great because he would grow everything for me. I am low in WBC and red's basically, just blood, in itself, lol, and, my white blood counts would go up every growing season.

The pesticides, herbicides scare the pants off of me due to my illness. I never lived with my head in a can of raid, so I can't understand why I got an environmental male's illness. I met only one woman in my life who has what I do. We are both doing well enough. We check on each other and give each other tidbits of information and advice to stay well.

I volunteer at the VA so, I see men who do. I bring them produce from my garden.

DonL

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

Sorry that you have issues with Blood Count Cookie.

Do You eat meat ?

I stay healthy by staying away from Doctors.

It does a heart good to volunteer, and to do it at the VA makes You even More Special, I bet they Love You.

I Hope You Have A great Mothers Day Weekend.

DonL

Cookie

Reaction score
Stay away from the bad doctors, but go to the good ones for your annual, certain other exams, this will extend your life. Trust me on this one. I eat meat once in a while, not really crazy about. But, I have had a amemia problem since I was 13, and had to eat liver, quite frequently, it was a good thing my mom was a great cook. I volunteer because my dad was a vet who during the second world war was considered shell-shocked and treated rather badly, thanks to Patton. His whole life he suffered with PTSS, along with it, me. So, I volunteer. I try to make a difference for them. I wish someone would had for my dad. I love them. So, if they love me, that is cool. I wish I could take away their pain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks