3" out to 4" Main

Users who are viewing this thread

BobMane

Reaction score
Either of those looks doable. The limiting factor then still is the tub (not 100% limiting but more concrete removal just because of the overflow and its required trench of 6x12 breakout in that corner).

I suggested going with a tiled shower roughly 32x60. I came up with the idea based on images like this one:

32x60tiled.jpg

Granted that might not be 32x60 but it is rectangular. In any case, you said drain should be in center and an ideal of 42" x 48".

With a shower, you want the drain centered. And it would be nice to go with something more square than 32" x 60", say 42" x 48".

Was your 42x48 based off my floor space and sawcut or a common dimension?

I actually have a delta 48" X 34" with center drain that puts the drain right here:

tub-delta.jpg

and KERDI-SHOWER-KITS are at 38" X 60" with center or offset drain. Regardless of using one of those, a different one or custom tile work, It made me start to wonder about the scale of all this. I thought i had more room along that longer wall. But with the tape measure on it it looks tight. 38" X 60 with center drain might be a good compromise. But I am wondering if all that plus the washer can fit in that space?

scale1.jpg

Last edited:

BobMane

Reaction score
The washer standpipe needs its own dry vent, and the washer drain needs to join downstream of any wet vented bathroom fixtures.

Here's an option for you, only roughly to scale, blue is for the fixtures (including the laundry standpipe, which is just a 2" vertical pipe, see UPC 804.1 for height restrictions and make sure the top is above the minimum height listed in your washer manual). https://up.codes/viewer/montana/upc-2018/chapter/8/indirect-wastes#804.1

Red is 3" and green is 2". The tub trap arm from the tub trap to the wye where it joins the lav drain is limited to 60" in length and 2" of fall, and you need a 2" trap. The lav vent is 2" and can connect back to the 3" vent in the wall at a height at least 6" above all the fixtures' flood rims.

Cheers, Wayne
View attachment 78092

OK I decided to do a mock up based on this diagram but slightly different. I was hoping to only chip concrete to the wall once (over to the lav). Based on all feedback/research so far that is not possible. Based on all feedback/research so far I would have to chip concrete over the wall for the 2" lav vent and also to the 3" Main vent.

If that is not true and I can in fact go to the wall once please let me know. Otherwise this layout goes to the wall twice...once to the lav vent and once at the 3" line exiting the bldg - there is an upward turn to the wall for both the 2" vent and the 3" vent.

It is not to scale and not all square but I am hoping someone can look at the pics and tell me if this would work. Again, it is left to right - tiled shower, lav, wc, washer on one external wall. In the pics you see i am short a couple correct fittings still but hoping that the basic layout is clear.

20211101_135655.jpg

mock-with-text.jpg

20211101_135740.jpg

20211101_135751.jpg

BobMane

Reaction score
Finally got the concrete out and roughed in some plumbing. Would not have been possible without this forum and a cut and break saw!

20211110_132231.jpg

20211110_132143.jpg

20211110_132210.jpg

20211110_132239.jpg
20211110_132249.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks