3 or 4" Faucet Shank? NPS thread to NPT

Users who are viewing this thread

Bjmifsud

Reaction score
Where can I find one of these which are NPS (Straight) and NPT (tapered) 1/2" thread? I need a 3 or 4" set of two:
cbcf4fd73c9d121a89f3fcf181c6813c.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
NPS and NPT may be more compatible than you think.

What is your objective/need?

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Both ends needs to be NPS. Your existing shank is NPS which is why they show the washers along side. The male extension end has to be straight thread for the locknut to work.

Bjmifsud

Reaction score
NPS and NPT may be more compatible than you think.

What is your objective/need?

I'm installing a Clawfoot tub. The tiled floor and subfloor measure out to a thickness of 2 1/2" . The shutoff valves I'm installing right at floor level came with male NPT/ male NPS pipe stubs (not like the photo I have subsequently posted which is male/ female). The stubs are 2 3/4" long.. too short.
cp-sh-342-90D-lg.jpg

I need to:
Screw into each shutoff valve with NPT (tapered threads, 1/2")
Feed Stub down through subfloor
Attach large Nut over NPS (Straight, non-tapered threads, 1/2") to secure valves tightly to floor
Attach 1/2" PEX plastic line to NPS end of stub (not sure if compression fittings directly to NPS end will work).

So I THINK what I need is:

Pipe Stub, 3"-4" long, NPT threads one end, NPS on MOST of the other end, all 1/2"

Any leads?

Or would you just get two simple 4" NPT to NPT pipe nipples and transition to some other fitting to attach to PEX?
If so above, how to pull DOWN on the pipe nipple to hold shutoff valve rigidly to the floor?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks