3 inch drain copper to ABS

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by joe the hockey player, May 17, 2019.

1. joe the hockey player

joe the hockey player New Member

Hi, I'm using 3 inch to 3 inch rubber hose both side are same thickness as of picture 1 and 2 they told me its good for ABS to cooper or should I use the one in the 3rd picture which one side is good for copper and the other side is for ABS .thanks for your help

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    You only use shielded couplings for that, and the third picture shows the right one for the job. Copper to ABS/Plastic
    Without the metal covering, the "rubber only" coupling allow the pipes to shift over time blocking the lines.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. joe the hockey player

joe the hockey player New Member