3 inch copper drain no flange

Users who are viewing this thread

rct5277

Reaction score
First time bathroom remodeler here. After installing my new floor I proceed to install the toilet. Unfortunately I noticed that there was no flange. I have a 3 inch copper pipe with no flange. The toilet was previous installed with only a wax gasket and a super ring.

Do I put it back this way or should I install a flange? If I install a flange I have no access from below, can I solder from above?

rct5277

Reaction score
Thanks.

If you don't mind I just want to clarify "from above." This does mean that I would be soldering the inside of the flange where the flange and pipe meet. I just want to make sure I fully understand before I tackle the job. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• plvd-7.jpg
    plvd-7.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 456

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
flange

Yes, but it would not be that plastic or steel flange you show in the photo. It would be a brass one and it would slide over the pipe. You would heat the joint from the inside of the copper riser.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks