3 handle shower trim (maybe Pfister)- please help identify possible replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Veronika KD

Reaction score
Hello,
Our 3 handle trim needs replacing and I do not know what to buy. The original bras/porcelain handles would hit each other (the hot and diverter) making it difficult to turn the water off without problems. I have replaced the hot and diverter handles with a cross arm handle by PartsmasterPro that d0 not fit great (a bit lose on the stem) but we were able to turn to water off without handles blocking each other.
Those PartsmasterPro handles have reached end of life and I was hoping to replace all handles with something that fits more like the original Pfister trim (i no longer can locate the two Pfister handles i removed).
Plumber i called to replace the valve told me the valve was Pfister so i suppose the trim is pfister as well. When he replaced the hot water valve it changed the direction in which the hot water handle would open the flow of water- prior to valve change it used to open the flow of water in clockwise direction, after the hot water valve was replaced both hot and cold water open in counterclockwise direction. the plumber told me the replacement kits for this type of valve & trim are no longer available for sale.
thank you!
Veronika
IMG_0051.jpg
IMG_0054.jpg
IMG_0053.jpg

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
They sell after market stems and trims for your faucet. Turn the main off, remove one stem and head down to a plumbing supply store for a matching set. They will have many handles to choose from.
However, this is your opportunity to switch to a one handle anti-scalding faucet (which meets today's code). It costs a little more, but it's required on new construction and on homes sold in most areas (starting at around $100 plus labor).

Veronika KD

Reaction score
They sell after market stems and trims for your faucet. Turn the main off, remove one stem and head down to a plumbing supply store for a matching set. They will have many handles to choose from.
However, this is your opportunity to switch to a one handle anti-scalding faucet (which meets today's code). It costs a little more, but it's required on new construction and on homes sold in most areas (starting at around $100 plus labor).

Thank you, i did just that and got a price pfister kit. the one handle faucet is my ultimate plan but the labor to do the work in my area is very expensive and permitting process is complex. Is there a valve brand type that is good quality for single handle shower? I was told Moen, the Moentrol valve (wheren you can control volume and temperature).

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Choosing a valve is sort of like the Ford-Chevy thing...plumber's tend to have their favorites. Personally, I like Grohe, with maybe Delta as the second choice. Some of it is how well you like a particular style and trim material. On the Delta, except at big box stores, you buy the rough-in valve, then choose your trim/cartridge to fit in it. They make a HUGE number of different trims that will work in their R10000 rough-in valve, so you can change your mind later on without changing anything in the wall should your preferences change.

As to choosing a generic type, read my tutorial in the tutorial section and come back with questions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks