3 handle shower head configuation woes

Users who are viewing this thread

Calyx

Reaction score
We are trying to remodel a bathroom in a house built in 1930. There is currently a 3 handle faucet in the tub for the tap/shower. (the 3 handles connect to one horizontal pipe that then connects to the rest of the plumbing behind the tub wall).

It appears that the "spread" is 12 inches for this set up. I can only find 3 handle arrangements with an 8 inch spread.

Any ideas who might make a 3 handle faucet that are spaced farther apart? We won't have any spare bathtub tiles and don't want to re-tile the bathtub. I can't seem to find a remodeling plate that would be wide enough to cover the 2 outside holes and allow us to install a single handle faucet.

Help.

Thanks

Calyx

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Delta faucet

all you got to do is buy a normal delta faucet with the standard 8 inch spread.

the delta facuet brass arms can be cut between the two sections and extended outwards with just normal 1/2 copper couplings to the size you wish to make it.

Yes thats right, they are made that way to the exact size of 1/2 copper so
they can be extended with copper pipe and couplings. Aint it wonderful!!

It just requires a tubing cutter and the ability to solder properly the copper extensions in between two or three faucet bodies.

If its a three handle faucet you are replaceing for either a tub or shower,
I suggest that you use a two handle faucet and put a Delta faucet Deco plug over the center hole. And use a pull down diverter spout that also comes from Delta.

Also take the plastic parts out before you solder this little thing up so you dont overheat the parts.

good luck and have fun fun fun

this has gotten me out of many jams with old funky faucets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks