3 function transfer valve problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Tile_Guy

Reaction score
Hi recently installed a moen 3330 valve with a 3 function transfer valve to control a hand held and wall mount shower head. Everything tested and worked fine once I finished the shower remodel but now for some reason when I turn the function lever to control only one head at a time the other still has water pressure coming out of it. It only works right when I have the lever in the function for both to work. There aren't any leaks, I've changed out both cartridges and still not fixed. Anyone have any ideas why the shower heads won't completely shut of when the lever is in the individual function?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/moen-3330-3320-valve-instructions.46294/

moen_3330.jpg

Tile_Guy

Reaction score
That's the one. I've put these in many times with different head,spout, and sprayer configurations and I've never had this problem. It almost seems like there is back flow going from on head to the next.

Mark Manuel

Reaction score
Hi recently installed a moen 3330 valve with a 3 function transfer valve to control a hand held and wall mount shower head. Everything tested and worked fine once I finished the shower remodel but now for some reason when I turn the function lever to control only one head at a time the other still has water pressure coming out of it. It only works right when I have the lever in the function for both to work. There aren't any leaks, I've changed out both cartridges and still not fixed. Anyone have any ideas why the shower heads won't completely shut of when the lever is in the individual function?

Hate to bring up an old thread but I just installed one of these and have the same problem. When the handle is turned down water comes out of the right outlet which is my handheld. The problem is, when the handle is turned to the left or in up position water comes out of both hand held and shower head. I have a trouble shooting request into Moen but was hoping there was a resolution to this problem. Moen said it can take up to 4 days to respond.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks