3/8" fip x 3/8 x 3/8 stop

Users who are viewing this thread

kboy

Reaction score
I have searched the web for hours for this. I need a 3/8 FIP inlet w/ dual 3/8 outlet + stop to install a Toto washlet.

Basically what I need is the pic below but with a 3/8 fip inlet. (The pic is 1/2" inlet—easy enough to find.). I'm gonna guess that a 3/8 version does not exist. Does anybody know why not?

kboy-double-stop.jpg

BTW, the rest of my house has been converted to plastic, but this stretch of, ugh, galvanized pipe, from my downstairs half bath to the upstairs bath would have involved a particularly troublesome teardown of our foyer. A project for the lockdown, perhaps, since no one is coming over for weeks/months.

First post here, btw. Just signed up. Any help much appreciated.

K

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO Washlets come with their own adapter.
The top fits to the 7/8" fill valve and the bottom receives the 7/8" supply line.

b200_s3.jpg

The new ones are using the plastic tee.

toto-washlet-tee-1.jpg

toto-washlet-tee-2.jpg

I don't know what that thread is for the direct supply to the seat, but it seals with a rubber O-Ring.

kboy

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry. That explains a lot.

I was gifted a Toto C100 washlet that someone bought and never installed. It's an old model. I started where I thought I needed to—at the supply—but couldn't find what I thought was the right part. Now I see that the seat—certainly the most important part—isn't the only part. Arg.

Now to see if Toto (or anyone else) still sells that part.

Thanks again.

K

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
You could also use a 3/8" compression tee on a 3/8" FIP x 3/8" compression stop.

Cheers, Wayne

kboy

Reaction score
Thanks, Wayne. I think the included (although not included in my case) adapter has some sort of regulating function that's required for the washlet to function properly. (Someone please chime in and tell me I'm wrong. If I am, it would make things a lot easier—no extra parts to buy.) The approach you suggest was how I was going to go when Terry told me about the proprietary Toto adapter. There are places to buy the adapter (not sure if Toto is one of them; gonna call first chance), but as with so many things, you run the risk of receiving the wrong part.

K

kboy

Reaction score
Thanks again, Terry. I think I see what the problem is. The Chloe washlet became the C100, but there is also a C100 that looks much different (the control panels are nothing alike) and has different installation instructions. Or it seems to.

The instructions for the model that I'm pretty sure I have. The "carton contents" includes what looks like a generic "connection" hose, not one with a plug-in fitting.

junction-valve-1.jpg

And here are the instructions for a model, also called a C100, that comes with a similar junction valve but with a plug-in connection. (See: gray fitting bottom of page 14.)

My problem is that if I buy a C100 junction valve, will I get the right one—assuming that there are in fact two different kinds.

Again, any help greatly appreciated. BTW, is there a tip jar?

K

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I had the seat you have. I replaced it a few years ago.

junction-valve-2.jpg

Now I can't remember how that was hooked up. I bought it from one of my long passed counter guys at Pacific. Scott sold it to me for $25.00
I wore it out and now have the C100 installed in that bathroom.

kboy

Reaction score
Seems kind of amazing that you found that, Terry. (I guess that's why they named the forum after you. ;)) Thanks a bunch.

So, that settles it. Gotta get that junction valve. Any recommendations on the best place to look/buy? IOW, best places to give my business?

But one last thing. Is it a decent enough unit? Yeah, it's old, but given that it was given to me for free (and was never installed), is it worth installing now? Sounds like yours lasted you a while at least.

Thanks again. Forums like these seem so old school internet, before everything went corp and every search landed you in a useless mess of things "inspired by your search terms." BTW, I had to add the word "forum" to my search before getting anything that actually helpful/informative. Like this site.

K

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Much of the new Internet is being done by desk jockeys. They know how to code and grab pictures off the net, but don't know what the pictures are of.
I see many pictures I have taken over the years on other sites, stolen, and often with very misleading information with them. They are guess what is right and what is wrong. Often they take the mistake pictures that were posted and show them as the solution. I have started going back and labeling those as mistakes so that when they wind up other places people don't think it was a solution photo.

If you can get the parts for the Washlet, it will be good. I liked the seat a lot.

This is the new C100

c100-ms604-01.jpg

TOTO SW2034#01 C100 WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat, Elongated, Cotton White

Last edited:

kboy

Reaction score
Left a tip, BTW. Didn't notice that the jar was in your signature. Thanks again.

kboy

Reaction score
Me again. With good news.

So, I sent my friend the pics Terry included of the Chloe C100 washlet and parts, and he says he found—his words—a "regular" hose stamped "Toto" (he says it has to belong to the unit; he has nothing else Toto in his house) and the junction valve, but no quick connect ball/knob and no quick connect hose—just the "regular" one. He also says that he remembers the washers for the hose because they were blue, but he no longer has them.

Which I hope means that all I need are the washers and I'll be good to go. Last question (I hope):

• Do I need the proprietary washers from Toto or are generics OK? If so, anybody know the size?

Since my friend and I don't live in the same city and aren't gonna do a meetup under lockdown circumstances, he's gonna mail the parts to me. So if I have to get the Toto washers, I have time.

Pic of hose. Same on both ends.

K

IMG_20200405_145954.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jilliam

Reaction score
I have a question. I have the same model washlet and after 8yrs it has started to leak from the main drainage plug. Can seem to find that part anywhere. Any leads? Do I need to junk it and buy a new one? Hate to toss it since it has wielded flawlessly the entire time.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a question. I have the same model washlet and after 8yrs it has started to leak from the main drainage plug. Can seem to find that part anywhere. Any leads? Do I need to junk it and buy a new one? Hate to toss it since it has wielded flawlessly the entire time.
Toto services their washlets in a facility in your county up in Ontario California. Call their toll free number and chat with one of their service techs. They will be able to determine what steps to take. 1-888-295-8134

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks