2pcs SIDR pipe to garage for water and drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mar3232

Reaction score
If I get this...

One 50' piece will be to run water from the house to the garage.
The other 50' piece will be for a drain from garage to house for a possible future macerating toilet.

Would this be ok? Saving $$ buy not buying separate PVC pipe for drain and thinking it should work? I know these toilets supposedly don't need a large diameter ?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I doubt 50 ft run of 3/4 meets spec on toilet . the water might be legal in garage with a single joint transitioning to proper pipe for within the building .

Mar3232

Reaction score
I could also go to 1" was just concerned about adapting that to a 1/2" copper water pipe that (for now) is handy to go to the garage for the water supply.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I guess they bring water into buildings like that and then imediatly transition to COPPER or PEX. I was thinking thats a long run for the pumped waste at such small size

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I guess they bring water into buildings like that and then imediatly transition to COPPER or PEX. I was thinking thats a long run for the pumped waste at such small size
They state they can pump up to 150ft flat or up to 15ft vertical. The problem using poly pipe is that the diameter of the fittings are always less than the pipe since they are all insert fittings. So you would have to go with 1" pipe because the fittings will be closer to the minimum 3/4" if even.

also.. what is wrong with that tubing that it can't be shipped to AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, LA, ME, MD, MA, MS, MT, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV. ?!

Reach4

Reaction score
ID of 1 inch SIDR pipe is a bit greater than 1 inch. ID of 1 inch PEX is significantly less than 1 inch. One inch SIDR pipe is 1.049 inch, and the OD varies according to PSI rating and material. In SIDR the first words are Standard Inside Diameter. The 4th word is Ratio.

However is SIDR approved for indoor? Not sure. So maybe running PEX for the pressurized water (1/2 inch or 3/4) and 1 inch SIDR for the toilet. The Saniflo Sanicompact does not even need a vent.

Last edited:

Mar3232

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I was trying to just do the 40 bucks for a 100ft roll of pex. Probably best to get pvc for the drain....not much $ more. I'm a cheapskate sob....it's in my blood.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Im not so sure the sidr is legal or not into garage it might be? I had concerns of the sizing for the pumped waste .
I did not see a mention of the toilet mar3232 was installing nor know if all Macerating toilets follow the same instructions. neither have I reviewed any . So just because one might not allow it that might not apply to this case .
Has a particular toilet been chosen mar3232?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks