2nd floor laundry mold around washer hoses

Users who are viewing this thread

Sandy123

Reaction score
IMG_1717.JPG
IMG_1719.JPG
IMG_1720.JPG

Hi , we moved our laundry room upstairs last year . Some days there is strong mildew smell although it is a small room that has a relatively big window that I open a lot and big French doors that opens on the kids bathroom ( so lots of air circulation ) . Also start noticing green around the washer could this be causing the smell ? How to fix it ? There is a drain and a pan under the washer which I insisted on with the plumber to prevent flooding in case something went wrong . Thank you .

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks like it's backing up to me. Notice is only on one side. And where did the hairs come from? Do a highest water load your washer can do. You don't need clothes in it. Then dump it see if it backs up. If there's a tub a floor above that could be where the shaved pewbs are coming from

Sandy123

Reaction score
Thank you !I had the same thought, Because the hair is usually in the bathroom . The washer is a front load machine it adjust the water according to the load inside so I am not sure how to do that and the tub is on the same floor the bathroom next to the Landry room .

Dylan

Reaction score
That's a lot of hair any chance something connected to shower or other drain is slow or backing up? Once you clear the back up or other problem look into a dehumidifier. I've added a portable one in the laundry that drains through the washer standpipe and set it to 50 percent. It did kick the electric bill up a bit but mold, mildew and other humidity related problems like rusty looking metal drawer and cabinet handles seem better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks