2in Drain through Wooden Beam?!

Users who are viewing this thread

mc720

Reaction score
I am in the process of a complete bathroom renovation. I have removed the old leaking CI soil stack/ vent stack and am replacing with 4in PVC for the soil stack (3in for vent)

I am trying to figure out the best way to run a drain in basement for the vanity and tub. Both are on the opposite side of a main wooden beam from the soil stack.

In the picture you can see the tub cutout and the beam to the right of it (3 2x10s). (You can also see the where toilet will ultimately connect to the soil stack)

If I go under, the tub trap will hang very low in the basement. So the question is- Can you drill a 2.5" Hole (for 2'' PVC) through the center of that main beam? Would you then go through 3 joists to reach the soil stack?

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 136
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks