2021 Drake on an 11” rough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Plee

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully installed a 12 inch 2021 drake on an 11 inch rough in?

I know the 10 inch version exists but I’m concerned about the nearly 2 inch gap behind the tank and the almost 30 inch extension from the wall.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score

Plee

Reaction score
There are a bunch of different Drake toilets, but on this one https://www.totousa.com/filemanager_uploads/product_assets/SpecSheet/SS-01999_MS786124CE(G).pdf it says there's normally 1-5/8" behind the toilet, so there'd still be 5/8" behind it if your rough-in was 11". Plus, normally, you can fudge the position of the toilet on the flange maybe at least 1/4" and still have the outlet pointing down unobstructed into the flange.
It was more the 13/16ths behind the tank I was concerned about. I might have a slight bit more than 11” to work with but I was hoping someone could shed some light if they have managed to install one successfully. I’m scared to take a chance because I wont be able to return it if i open it up and try to fit it.

This was the model I’m interested in

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
While consistency between items is pretty good on Toto (better than most), the numbers shown are 'nominal', meaning it could be a little more, or a little less.

You would want to ensure when attaching the tank that you got it sitting straight up, and not tilted back at all.

You CAN slide the toilet slightly forward on the flange, so IF your wall is actually plumb (not tilted in towards the room), it should work.

Terry can probably confirm, as he's installed hundreds of them...my personal experience is much more limited.

Make sure you're measuring from the wall, and not the baseboard, and to the center of the drain. You may not want to remove the existing toilet, and the bolts may or may not be exactly centered on the drain, but usually are pretty close.

Some toilet flanges have both notches, and slots. If it was installed such that the toilet is attached with the notches, you can' slide it forward, but if it's from the slots, with the combination of the hole in the toilet and the slots, you can mount it slightly off center.

Plee

Reaction score
Solid tips, thank you! Hopefully someone will chime in that has done the install so I can be extra sure.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The original 744 and 743 Drake toilets gave you 1-1/8" between tank and the wall.
The new 776 and 775 bowls have a 13/16" distance. A little less space, about 3/4" rounded off.
Typically you can move the bolts further from the wall 3/8" and make it 1-3/16" assuming the wall is vertical and not leaning your way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks