2" well casing single pipe stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

goodknightsir

Reaction score
I have 2 wells on my property, 20' deep front 70' deep back and had to switch over to the back well early this year. Moved the front pump and installed an old galvanized water tank at back well, pumped clean water. Filled tank but was losing water to a few leaks in pipes to house. Both wells use the deep well 2 pipe from pump to wellhead set up.

Because of leak in pipes, replaced over half of it some inaccessible, by passed a section thru a hose faucet to faucet.

Had water running in house again for 3 days then the pump died. Bought new pump and installed, but when it runs the 1 1/4" pipe has little water. Removing fill plug with it running shows a trickle of water in pipe. Replacing the plug and turning off the pump, and water would flow up out of plug when removed. Was told to replace the foot valve and such inside the well.

Had wellhead pulled, by well service company, has single pipe (1") running down the casing (2") which is stuck. They broke the 1" pipe while pulling the wellhead, so I had to cut back the casing to access the pipe where it is frozen. The 1" pipe is thin wall PVC so I have to be careful not to break it further down. They suggested pouring bleach in pipe to loosen the leather sleeves from casing, the probable sticking point. Have used maybe a quarter cup and it is "setting" overnight.

I am new to this and most of what is easily searchable online is the 4" 2 pipe with ejector design, and again mine is 2" with 1 pipe.

Any ideas on how to "unstick" the 1" pipe safely anything I can do, would be so helpful. Should I use more bleach? Did not want to get carried away there. A wait time of a day or so for the bleach to do its job seems likely, right?

Thanks.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
A quarter of a cup is nothing. I would pour more down the well if that is the solution to breaking loose the leathers. It is going to be diluted by the water anyway. I would pour the whole gallon down the well. Just don't wear your best overalls when you pull it up. You could glue on a section of pipe and try pushing down to see if you can break loose the leathers instead of pulling up.

goodknightsir

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, thought I should go bigger. Funny you should mention adding pipe to try pushing down as I already have added an 18" piece on, thinking the same thing. Is nice to know it wasn't a stupid idea on my part.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks