2 shower fixture, 2 sets of supply lines?

Users who are viewing this thread

MNeeseSpokane

Reaction score
All,

I’m currently working on rough-in plumbing for a basement. I recently redid all the supply lines in the house with PEX (replaced galv steel) and am using a manifold.

For my basement shower, I’m planning on doing a standard shower head and a rainfall shower head. My manifold is all 1/2” outputs, but I have space to use 2 hot & 2 cold for the shower. (I’m doing home runs from the manifold).

I haven’t seen any mixers that supply 2 fixtures and could accept 4 inlets (which is no surprise). Which of the following options seems best?

A. Run one 1/2” H&C and use a mixer with 1/2” inlets (concern here is water pressure)

B. Use 2 H&C outputs on manifold and 1/2 x 1/2 x 3/4 Ts, then run the 3/4” to a mixer with 3/4” inch inlets

C. Use 2 separate mixers, one for each head, each with a dedicated 1/2” supply. I would probably install them on different walls in the shower or one above the other.

As usual, someone here probably has an option D that I didn’t even consider, so all thoughts are welcome and appreciated!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A shower valve can handle two shower heads. There are multiple ways to work the diverting on that. Sometimes it's in the valve body, and other times it's an add on diverter.
One hot and one cold to the valve though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks