2 questions: Confirming kitchen sink drain location

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Rossn, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Rossn

Rossn Member

In the kitchen portion of my remodel, I am running a new drain for the kitchen.

1. When coming through the floor, how much clearance do you typically leave from the rough framing to centerline of the 2" drain coming through the floor? I am thinking 3.5" stud to CL of drain. Does that change if you are doing a loop vent (still not sure if I will be able to)?

2. Do I understand that for a single, deep kitchen sink you would go 8" left of centerline of the sink (at the back of the cabinet)?
    (funny note: currently have a double sink, but that will be replaced eventually with a double).

Happy independence day!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021