2 inch well with a jet packer

Users who are viewing this thread

Lenray

Reaction score
I have a 2 inch well and the jet packer is 32 feet down. Pump will not shut off--it build up t o 50 lbs. of pressure but won't shut off.. I have seen this before.. The venturi-jet packer usually has a small blockage....Can a guy BACKFLUSH this jet packer and try to flush out the small blockage.....?????

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
AFAIK the packer has to pulled to clean the jet. It might be a leak that prevents the pump from reaching cutoff. Assuming there is not a topside check valve to mask a leak, does the pressure hold when the pump is stopped?

Lenray

Reaction score
Yes the pressure holds. I have pulled the drop pipe before on 2 inch wells and cleaned the orifice...There is a video where a guy reversed the 2 pipes going into the pump and back flushed the system with good results....was wondering about that.....

Lenray

Reaction score
as a side note I fish 130 miles north of the village of Pickle Lake, Ontario--1200 miles one way for me turn north at Ignace...

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Probably won't have much luck flushing backwards. But if it is reaching 50 PSI and supposed to shut off at 50 PSI, the tube to the pressure switch maybe clogged.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks