2 Franklin utility drives on one irrigation main.

Users who are viewing this thread

Greenmonster123

Reaction score
I have inherited an irrigation system project that is not complete. I have not seen it run because it has been winterized. There are two 1.5 hp 25 gpm Franklin Utilty drives feeding a looped mainline. I am curious how I can expect these two pumps to behave while plumbed together. I have built systems with multiple pumps on csv’s and staggered pressure switch settings with good results but spread on the switch is larger on a traditional switch compared to the transducers on the sun drive. Thoughts?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Looks like you can use a transducer or the "switch" with that unit. The dip switches let you adjust the draw down pressure from 5% to 20$ of the set pressure. I would think you only need the 5% adjustment setting when using 2 pumps in parallel. One thing good about the Utility Drive of Franklins is that it uses a regular 2 wire, single phase motor. When you have had enough you can change out eh Utility Drive for a regular pressure switch and use a Cycle Stop Valve to control the pump and maintain constant pressure.

Greenmonster123

Reaction score
Looks like you can use a transducer or the "switch" with that unit. The dip switches let you adjust the draw down pressure from 5% to 20$ of the set pressure. I would think you only need the 5% adjustment setting when using 2 pumps in parallel. One thing good about the Utility Drive of Franklins is that it uses a regular 2 wire, single phase motor. When you have had enough you can change out eh Utility Drive for a regular pressure switch and use a Cycle Stop Valve to control the pump and maintain constant pressure.
Thanks. If the well head was plumbed a little better with a union I would just do it without even asking and add a couple extra heads to the bill to cover the cost but it will require a bit of work to get a CSV in there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks