2" copper dwv in kitchen

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrew21

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a 2" DWV in my kitchen and wanted to get this setup for my new sink, and cabinets that are coming in.

I know the usually fittings for a kitchen sink drain is 1-1/2". So to get this to connect to the 2" copper DWV, do I:

1. Get a 2 in. x 1-1/2 in. Copper DWV CxX coupling and put on a trap adapter?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mueller-...n-Copper-DWV-C-x-C-Coupling-W-67073/100132768

or

2. get a 2" reducer to 1-1/2" and put a trap adapter at the end of this?

Thank you!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally a kitchen trap arm is 1.5"
If you have a 2.0" trap arm, it will need to be reduced to 1.5" and a trap adapter.

clearbrook_02.jpg

This is 1.5" copper DWV, from and old 60's home. They also make couplings that transition between copper and plastic.

terry-10431-kitchen.jpg

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If I read your question correctly, both of those fittings are the same, but you can do it almost anyway you want to as long as you wind up with a 1 1/2" connection to the sink.

Andrew21

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Ok, so I was successful in getting a copper 2"x1-1/2 reducer. Now when I put the 1-1/2 trap adapter to the reducer size, its the same size and it won't fit. Did I buy the wrong piece?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks